Thursday, February 21, 2008

Supporting details: A Presentation

Dr. Edwin started the presentation session by separating the students into two groups which are students with thesis statements and second, students without them. Then, he began drawing lines to divide the whiteboard into a few columns so that we can save more time. The thesis statement generating process had cost us so much of our time because there were a few students who still could not get their thesis statement stated correctly after sessions. I was still working on my elaboration for the supporting details because I need support just in case Dr. Edwin questioned my case.
It was hard for me to put ideas into sentences, so I started to look for quotation from the text. The search went from chapter to chapter because I have learned that system is created with reasons. Then I encountered some problems on the point stating Hester’s bravery to take her responsibility. I accidentally flipped the pages to the part when Hester refused to reveal her secret partner; which suggests her effort to take the responsibility of committing adultery to herself.
When I was revising my points, Dr. Edwin came to help. Only a few minor grammar mistakes and inadequacy in elaboration; then I was ready to move on to the next step which is preparing my first draft. The secret of good assignment is the correct choice of words; we do not need fancy words and long sentences.

No comments: