Monday, March 24, 2008

Project Paper: A Revised Topic

After discussing with my instructor, I was then advised to revise my topic. Therefore my project paper should revolve around the issue of bringing moral values into the classroom. Initially, my brainstorming session was a bit depressing because I could not think of a thing to be discussed about. However, after listening to my lecture for Content Based Learning and also Educational Research, I was able to see the torch at the end of the tunnel. Many educators and researchers have been discussing about instilling moral values in lesson; now, through these short but powerful tales, we are able to do it. Hans Christian Andersen presentation of moral values is quite direct; thus providing some revision for our subject of moral and Islamic education. These good qualities becomes more memorable because whenever the students in that particular situation, they will be able to come back to their memories of reading the short stories.
By conducting the lesson through various always-available-in the Internet activities, there are alternatives hubs for the students to channel their thoughts on certain issues; so the teacher is aware of students’ current situation and able to take a further action to improve or maintain it. So, there will always be link between what they have learned in literature to the other subject. This is very good because students tend to forget their facts and data because they take them as different things altogether, disregarding the fact that knowledge is interconnected. This is suggested by my lecturer when she once gave out a saying for us in class:
“Tell me & I forgot, show me & I remember, involve me & I understand”

No comments: